Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Must have for outdoor camping Bionic binoculars HYVQDNM

Must have for outdoor camping Bionic binoculars HYVQDN

 

About this item

  • 📷[Widely Application]: HYVQDNM night vision goggles built with IPX56 waterproof, tripod mountable(1 tripod Jack) and come with one 32GB memory card and free bags with straps. It is perfect for you to observe wildlife, hunting, camping, outdoor exploration, fishing&booting and search and rescue in day and 100% darkness. Read More
I've always been fascinated with night vision systems. When people started importing the Russian systems in the '90s I bought one from Night Owl. It worked but was pretty blurry. I've been looking at units ever since but never pulled the trigger on another one due to the cost. I decided to give this one a try based on the reviews and the very reasonable price. It's sure as heck not Gen3 NVS but I'm really impressed with what it can do.

This digital based system blows the old Gen1 Russian systems away. The resolution is low compared to modern digital cameras but that's not the point. It's more than adequate to see and identify things in the dark. Like the older systems you really need to have the illumination enabled to see, even with the moon up. But... the illuminator is POWERFUL. I live on a canyon and I can see the other side lit up and it's almost a mile away. The canyon is the main reason I purchased this. We have all sorts of critters out there from deer to coyotes to bobcats.

Now when the dogs go crazy I can see into the canyon without scaring animals away with my bright LED photon hose. I can also take a picture or video which is a huge bonus over an analog system. I also plan to bring it camping for much the same purpose. It's important to think of these as low power binoculars rather than night vision goggles you'd wear walking around. The zoom is too high to really navigate using these and they're not stereo. The construction is pretty solid (actually better than I expected for $200).

The focus is easy to adjust and all the controls are straightforward and intuitive to use. I don't know how it'll do on battery life but alkaline AA's are cheap and plentiful so I'm not too concerned. A memory card is included so you have everything you need right in the box (except batteries). I'm looking forward to using these and seeing all those creatures of the night we usually miss.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment